Initially, Part-time fixed term 12 month September 2019 – Aug 2020
(Hours to be arranged with the successful candidate, preferably 5 afternoons and 1 or 2 mornings)
MPS 1 – UPS3
“St Joseph’s is a wonderful school where teachers encourage, support and nurture the children beautifully” Ofsted Inspection 2017
St. Joseph’s is a happy, welcoming, successful and forward looking Catholic school. We have an excellent reputation in the local community, with fabulous children who enjoy learning. The Governors are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and enthusiastic teacher to join our dedicated and dynamic team.
The successful candidate will:
- Supportive of the Catholic Ethos of the school
- Be a dedicated, motivated and skilful teacher who is passionate and reflective about learning and teaching
- Have an interest in the wider curriculum at UKS2
- Be committed to raising standards
- Be creative, enthusiastic, flexible and work well as part of a team
- Be able to engage positively with all members of the school community
- Have a desire to be involved in the full life of our Catholic school
Our school can offer you:
- Enthusiastic children who want to do well
- A strong Catholic ethos rooted in Gospel values
- A supportive management team and Governing Body who take account of teacher’s wellbeing
- A culture of improvement in all facets of school life
Closing date for the receipt of applications: Monday 13th May 2019 at 12noon
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs L. Pinkerton on the school telephone number: 01207 232624. Visits will be held at 4:00pm on Tuesday 7th May and/or Thursday 9th May 2019.
The Governing Body is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced/barred list check from Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as a CRB) and a range of other recruitment checks. As an equal Opportunities Employer, we want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage.
Application forms and relevant information are available below.
All applications must be signed paper copies and should be returned (by post/hand) to the school, addressed to Mrs A.D. Thorpe, Headteacher by Monday 13th May 2019 at 12noon. Please note applications via e-mail will NOT be accepted.
Applicants Declaration – CES Contract
Application Form – Teacher (word)
Application Form – Teacher (pdf)
Application Form Notes to Applicants
Consent to Obtain References Form
Equality Act 2010 – Reasonable Adjustments Statement
Letter for Candidates
Model Contract School Teacher Overarching
Privacy Notice for Staff and Applicants
PT Teacher advert 2019
Recruitment Monitoring Form
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 – Disclosure Form